Sand Sculpting Australia
Once purchased tickets are non refundable. Tickets are valid for any day of the event.
Point of Difference
When you purchase tickets online, they are valid for redemption any day between 26 December 2015 to 25 April 2016. You do not need to nominate a date, just arrive and present your tickets at the gate.
You will be amazed by our life size sand sculptures on display created by 20 of the world's finest sculptors.
From Boxing Day 2015 over 3,500 tonnes of sand will be transformed into mesmerising sand sculptures of all your favourite and much loved Zoo animals, but with a twist!
As you walk through our sand pathways you will recognise our sand renditions of Monkeys, Giraffes, Elephants, Lions and Meerkats alongside Orang-utans, Zebras, Gorillas and countless more!
But remember to pay close attention when venturing into our sand Zoo; as it’s not all what it seems.
You may even catch sight of mythical animals like Unicorns, Griffins and the legendary Lock Ness monster or cross paths with our futuristic fantasy creatures.
Integrated with the sand sculptures will be event activities for children and adults alike. There is also an undercover café for you to sit back and relax and enjoy light refreshments.
Plus, on weekends and school holidays, there will be roving entertainment and free face painting.
Frankston Waterfront, 510N Nepean Highway, Frankston Melway reference: 100A B8
Open every single day from 26 December 2015 to 25 April 2016. Public holidays are open from 10am to 6pm.
26 December 2015 to 27 January 2016 Monday to Sunday 10am to 6pm (last tickets sold 30 minutes prior)
28 January 2016 to 25 April 2016 Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm (last tickets sold 30 minutes prior) Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm (last tickets sold 30 minutes prior)
Adult - $14.00
Concession - $11.00*
Child (3-12 years) - $10.00
Child under 3 - Free
Family 2 adults + 2 children - $42.00 (child aged 3-12 years)
Extra Child with Family Ticket only - $6.00
*Concession cards must be shown – We accept Senior, Disability, Student, Carers & Pension cards. Please note: Health Care Cards are not accepted.
Groups**15-19 people - $8.50 per person20+ people - $7.50 per person
** Groups must be pre-booked at least 24 hours prior to arrival to receive the group-booking rate. Bookings can be made by telephoning 03 5986 6684 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The event itself is Cash Only – all tickets (except for group bookings) can be purchased on the day at the ticket box located at the main entrance of the event or at the Frankston Visitor Information Centre using a debit or credit card (no cash out sorry).
Frankston Waterfront 510N Nepean Highway, Frankston, Victoria. Melway ref:100A B8 and you can find us on Google Maps
Free activities are available for children on weekends, school holidays and public holidays. The activities will run from 10am until 4pm daily. On Saturday, Sunday, all School Holidays & Public Holidays the following activities will take place:
Free with Entry:
- View the sand sculptures (3,500 tonnes) and the works of art of 20 sculptors
- Sand Sculpting Workshops – Learn the basics of sand sculpting and have a go at creating your own masterpiece [specific times daily check board on the day]
- Face Painting for the kids all day!
- Speed Carving* – Watch our professional sculptor create a mini masterpiece in the blink of an eye [only run on special activation days, see ‘special days’ section]
- Giant Sand Pit – Hours of sandy fun
- Lego Play Zone – have fun in our interactive lego zone
- Fun Activity booklet and pencils!
- Have your photo taken in our fun interactive sculpture!
Not included with entry:
- Sand bottle activities starting from $6 – $12 (cash only)
- Diggers $2 a go!
From Monday – Friday (28 January 2016 to 25 April 2016)
- Held on the McComb Reserve at Frankston Waterfront. Heading south along Nepean Hwy, cross over Davey Street and the exhibition is held on the reserve on your right next to the Daveys Hotel. Melway Reference 100A B8.
Please note dogs (other than seeing eye guide dogs) are not permitted inside the event.