Car Parking in Frankston City
The majority of on-street parking in Frankston City is free. Time limits apply in some locations and are signed accordingly.
Paid parking and time limits do apply in Frankston's city centre and Foreshore areas.
View the Frankston City Centre Car Parking Map below for more information about car park locations and fees.
Free Resident Foreshore Parking
Council supplies residential rate payers and tenants with complimentary foreshore parking permits.
The permits entitle residents to park at nominated foreshore locations across Frankston City without payment. Time limits do apply so take notice of signs where you park.
Parking permits are only applicable to the area displayed on the permit itself and are not valid in other areas or parking zones around Frankston City.
In cases where the parking permit displayed does not cover the area in which the vehicle is parked, infringement notices may be issued.
Ratepayers of residential properties in Frankston City were sent two complimentary Foreshore Parking Permits inside their 2017-2018 First Installment Rate Notice.
If you are new to Frankston City or have recently changed your vehicle, you may need a replacement permit.
Visit any of Council's Customer Service Centres to arrange a new permit or phone 1300 322 322.
Parking permits are available from:
- Frankston Civic Centre
- Carrum Downs Library
- Langwarrin Customer Service Centre
- Seaford Customer Service Centre
Residential ratepayers are able to apply for up to 3 additional permits, but will be charged $80 per permit.
Replacement permits will incur a fee of $60.
Residential tenants can apply for a complimentary 12 month Foreshore Parking Permit and are responsible for re-applying before their permit expires. Only two permits are permitted for rental properties.
Permits apply at the following locations
- Waterfront Car Park, Pier Promenade, Frankston Waterfront (Melway Ref: 102 B3)
- Foreshore Car Park, Frankston - opposite the Caltex service station on Nepean Highway (Melway Ref: 102 B4)
- Nepean Highway, Frankston - between Olivers Hill and Pier Promenade (Melway Ref: 102 A4-B3)
- Wells Street, Frankston - Frankston Life Saving Club (Melway Ref: 100A B6)
- Seaford Life Saving Club, Seaford (Melway Ref: 99 D3)
- Keast Park, Seaford (Melway Ref: 97 D10)