Build Your Business Program
Frankston Visitor Information Centre member businesses can access a wide range of support, training, funding opportunities and much more through Frankston City Council's Build Your Business Program.
Highlights of the 2016 program include:
- A revamped one-on-one Business Coaching program
- 21 Build Your Business Workshops, with a particular emphasis on start-ups. Frankston Visitor Information Centre members are entitled to a subsided rate.
- The Small Business Grants Program, with categories for start-up, relocation, home based graduation, green business and emerging exporter.
- The FMP Business Breakfast Series, with speakers including Peter Daicos, Abigail Forsyth and Simon McKeon.
- An opportunity to test your business rent-free in a shop, via Frankston Space Innovators.
- The free Job Matching Service, providing you with access to a database of over 8000 local students and graduates.
- The Build Your Business - Frankston City group on LinkedIn, which is a fantastic forum for local business to share ideas and discuss local issues.
- Assistance through Council regulatory processes (such as town planning) as well as site selection and links to other assistance via the Small Business Investment Program.
Details for the 2017 Build Your Business Program will be available shortly. Please find below information on business funding opportunities.
If you would like to discuss business support, please contact Frankston City Council on 1300 322 322.
You can also view the recently adopted Frankston City Economic Development Strategy 2016-2022, which places a particular emphasis on supporting micro and small business, as well as encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.