Mile Bridge, Frankston
Point of Difference
Sandcastles and Kelp art installation inspired by beachside experiences.
The first suspension bridge over the creek was built in 1875 by Mark Young, host of the Pier Hotel, to allow his patrons easy access to the sea-baths he owned. With the appearance of other guest houses backing on to the creek, further bridges were built at Fiocci and Allawah avenues, with a more substantial timber example constructed at the entrance to Long Island, now known as Mile Bridge (where the ghost of a young girl was once rumoured to haunt).