Tourism Event Attraction Program
While Frankston City has a robust calendar of events, Council is committed to expanding this to include events that specifically:
- Attract intrastate, interstate and international visitors
- Are staged in the off-peak and shoulder seasons
- Activate areas of the City which are otherwise underutilised
Through the Tourism Event Attraction Program (the Program), Council would like to create a calendar that gives both visitors and residents year-round reasons to seek out and experience our City’s urban bayside location through events that complement Victoria's and the Mornington Peninsula tourism region.
Through the Program, Council is seeking to attract a signature event, major and minor events, conferences and business events seeking to establish in or relocate to Frankston City.
The Program aims to grow the City’s event calendar while generating a positive economic and social impact, with a particular focus on events that:
- Are scheduled for non-peak season
- Create positive economic benefits through linkages with local business
- Result in increased overnight visitation from regional, interstate and international audiences
- Support Frankston City's contribution to Victoria's and the Mornington Peninsula regional tourism product
- Promote local inclusion and accessibility
In addition, the Program's secondary focus is on events that:
- Are staged in lesser known and underutilised locations
- On private land within the municipality
- Are staged over multiple days, weeks and or locations
For more detailed information, including the Tourism Event Attraction categories and assessment criteria, please read the Tourism Event Attraction Program 2018-2019 Guidelines before you apply.
If you think your event concepts meets our needs apply now.
Tourism and Visitor Services
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322