George Pentland Botanic Gardens
Point of Difference
Visitors to George Pentland Botanic Gardens will experience some of Australia's beautiful native flora. The gardens are popular for educational activities, family gatherings and weddings. Barbecue and picnic areas are provided together with a playground.
Gate opening/closing times:
November to March 7:00am - 9:00pm
April to October 7:00am - 6:00pm
The undulating grassed open space and garden beds create a pleasant environment for community and family group activities. Substantial improvement works have been undertaken in recent years to upgrade the Gardens. The botanic collection is being strengthened and leisure facilities are being improved.
- Playground at the eastern end for young children
- Picnic and barbecue facilities throughout the gardens
- Walking tracks
- Different types of vegetation and plant collections
- Public toilets
- Ornamental lake - please supervise children at all times
- Marquees and pergolas are not permitted at these Gardens without prior permission due to the extensive irrigation system on site
- Dogs are prohibited from the Botanic Gardens
Volunteers are welcome to assist staff maintain the Gardens Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:00am to 12noon